Truly Disappointing

Sunday, July 02, 2006

I've seen this around, but most recently at my friend Cooth's place. Decided to take my turn.....

Instructions:
1. Go to Wikipedia.
2. In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year).
3. List three events that happened on your birthday.
4. List two important birthdays and one interesting death.
5. One holiday or observance (if any).

Events:
1996 - Britain's Charles, Prince of Wales, and Diana, Princess of Wales, are divorced. (I was also celebrating my birthday the night the Princess was in the car wreck)

1963 - During a 200,000-person civil rights rally in at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., Martin Luther King, Jr. gives his famous I have a dream speech.

1884 - First known photograph of a tornado is made.

Births:
1969 - Jason Priestley, Canadian actor
1969 - Jack Black, American actor and musician
(Is it just me, or do these two seem SO not the same age???)

Death:
1818 - Jean Baptiste Point du Sable, founder of Chicago

Event(s):
Hong Kong: Liberation Day
(1945)Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo

and yes, I did 2 events because: 1.) I can. 2:) a Liberation Day AND feast of a hippo? Who could CHOOSE???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home