Truly Disappointing

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Babies and phones....

I've read it before, & can't remember which blog it was, but babies LOVE phones. And remotes. Not fake ones, but real ones. They know the difference. So I had to laugh a couple weeks ago when daughter K called and said heart squatter # 2 (now a year old) had gotten ahold of her cell phone while she was in the shower. HS #2 had pushed whatever number necessary (redial, hit send twice, whatever) & called my dad, her great grandpa. He answered, heard nothing......saw the caller ID (which is HUGE for my new millenium-challenged dad)...saw is was daughter K's number. No one talking? She must be in trouble! RUN LASSIE RUN, SHE'S IN THE WELL!! He dropped EVERYTHING, drove (going 9-0 I'm sure) the 10-ish miles out in the country to her house. Found her & HS #2 happily going about their day.......and after talking, thinking, etc.....figured that HS#2 had called him while K was in the shower. FUNNY. They got a good laugh. And he breathed again.

So K called a bit ago, we had a good talk - they are in town getting ready to watch the fireworks. Her M-I-L is in town, so she was with a bunch of people. We hung up......after a bit, my phone rang. My phone battery is going AWOL, so I didn't get a number showing up. BUT, I heard this little voice saying "hiiiiiiiiiiii". "hiiiiiii". I know this is HS#2's latest fun word we've been practicing, & it's about the only word spoken when we "talk" on the phone that doesn't sound Russian. So I laugh. And talk. She doesn't hear me - most of the phone is probably in her mouth. We are soon disconnected. I wait awhile, and call K's cell. Yes, it was HS#2, calling "Gamma Titty". The fun has begun. Thank GOODNESS she had already played this trick on my dad, and I had just talked to K - I knew all was OK, and I could laugh.

And just for the record? Build A Bear workshops have cells for the bears......I bought one for HS#2 - she thinks this one is REAL close to Mom's...

9 Comments:

  • Soooo cute! Nice to hear about the phone-baby connection from Gramma's perspective! Btw, it was my blog--Joey had a phone episode that I recorded for posterity there, and you left me a nice comment...! Remember? She called a total sense-of-humourless biatch! ;)

    By Blogger Haley-O, at 10:16 PM  

  • oh yes......the mother's 'friend', right? It's all coming back to me now......

    By Blogger Tug, at 10:37 PM  

  • of course they know the difference! Just like cats know to puke only on the expensive rugs.

    :-)

    Cute story!

    By Blogger montchan, at 3:11 AM  

  • are you in Sweden? Maybe it's what your cat's eating......HA.

    By Blogger Tug, at 12:14 PM  

  • Cute story! Yes, babies love to eat cell phones and remotes - and sometime keys, too!

    By Blogger Maritza, at 7:36 PM  

  • Tug - but my cats only eat the finest Pussi!
    I gotta add you to my links when I have a moment. I love our slave boy Mark, but going through his blog everytime to get here leaves me with a dirty mind.
    :-)

    By Blogger montchan, at 7:07 AM  

  • Dirty minds are good, but the way it sounds it could be pretty patchy for slave boy. Come visit often, we love comments!

    And Maritza? My car alarm has gone off a few times thanks to the heart squatter....I don't even flinch anymore. ;-)

    By Blogger Tug, at 12:33 PM  

  • That's too cute. Kids can figure out anything can't they? Enjoy your weekend.

    Jenna

    By Blogger Jenna, at 8:20 AM  

  • Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home