Truly Disappointing

Friday, May 05, 2006

Oh, the Places you'll go!

Speaking of going places, I am itching to travel. My passport is due to expire in August. I haven't used it since 2000 but I will renew it because, if I learned nothing else in college, Kicking and Screaming taught me that you should always keep your passport handy because otherwise you might get stuck at home with Chris Eisenburg (berg?) and a bunch of other guys, all aimless, sharing how many times you've masturbated each day.

What's killing me are the prices of plane tickets. I hate my salary today. On the plus side, I didn't blow my entire savings account (built up for that trip to England that just never happened) on buying my house. So I'm looking.

Anyone with tips on finding great flight details, please share.

And no, Cathy, this doesn't mean I can't go to Vegas. But I am wondering if we should leave you alone with Donny?

4 Comments:

  • dude, chris eigeman.

    damn you cookie man!!!

    By Blogger Susan, at 3:58 PM  

  • Chris Eigeman amuses me so much. He's the reason I watch Whit Stillman films.

    I recommend Barcelona. The movie and the city.

    Fyi, everything I have read recommends waiting to fly overseas until late August or the fall due to inflated fuel costs. It's priced me out of the summer travel market.

    By Blogger Christopher, at 4:53 PM  

  • dude barcelona the movie really kinda sucked. plus as i told kt, i get enough spanish speaking experience at work with hispanic dudes i really dont need to go on vacation to a spanish speaking country with hispanic dudes. lol! my votes for england, giddy england. great flag, great accents, and great chips.

    By Blogger Susan, at 3:33 AM  

  • Yeah, summer travel just is not happening on my budget. I would guess that hotels are higher, too.

    I get Barcelona and Metropolitan confused -- I've only seen each one once and they aren't on DVD yet (or at least not on Netflix). I like all of his films, though. Loved Last Days of Disco, which surprised me, since I rented it originally to see Robert Sean Leonard (and I did see him in his best typhoid Mary role, passing on the Clap, I think). I didn't love Chris E. in his Gilmore Girls season, though. They could have done more with him and Lauren Graham. I'd have watched.

    As I said before, Susan, it boils down to ticket prices from here, in the non-major international airport market. Which I guess right now indicates that Denmark is the best choice?

    By Blogger kT, at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home