Truly Disappointing

Monday, May 01, 2006

Another Homage Post

I'm easily entertained. And one thing I find entertaining is a blog called "My List is Better".

Apparently, the list boys have deserted all of their loyal fans, so today....I am doing my own damn list.

Favorite Hypothetical Reasons Not to Blog:
Brook
5. Ran out of things to say.
4. Can't remember how to count to 5.
3. Forgot I had a blog.
2. Nobody reads it anyways.....
1. The Dog ate The List.

Chris
5. Drank too many of my favorite beers.
4. Was too busy writing haiku.
3. Was inspired by Mark Base and decided to learn Swedish online instead.
2. Ran out of things to say.
1. I blame Brook.

Posted by Cathy & Kt, actually.

6 Comments:

  • HA! I love it. Just add -- home PC has a virus, which IT guy at work is fixing for free, but very sslloowwllyy.

    But, keep "I blame Brook" at the top.

    Also, please see his pseudo-apology back on the site.

    By Blogger Christopher, at 7:05 PM  

  • You're too sweet. Glad to have inspired you to learn Swedish.

    Your inspiration has inspired me to do the same. So I've actually indirectly inspired myself - via you - to learn Swedish.

    I've been here for nearly four years now. I guess I'd better get started...

    Har det så bra.

    By Blogger Mark Base, at 2:44 AM  

  • Well Mark - if you are going to learn, you may as well teach us too.

    So .... what does "Har det sa bra" mean? And what exactly is that little dohickey above the a?

    By Blogger Cooth, at 8:02 AM  

  • And how do you get the little dohickeys in comments?

    I learned to pronounce, more or less correctly, lagom and smorgasbord on that talking website Cathy found.

    And Chris? We rock the lists, which is why we miss them. Sorry. Cathy discos the lists.

    By Blogger kT, at 8:21 AM  

  • Mark, I didn't see you as the type to wear a bra. to each their own I guess..........

    By Blogger Tug, at 8:43 AM  

  • Amusingly, 'bra' is Swedish for 'good'.

    'Har det så bra' means 'have it so good' (literal translation).
    Basically, it means, 'Have a good one.'

    I don't know what that circle over the 'a' is called, but it makes it sound kinda like a sharp 'oh'; thus 'så' sounds almost like 'so'. Also, 'så' is often used in the same way as 'so'.

    Here you go:
    Har (Have) det (it) så (so) bra (good).

    Here endeth today's lesson.

    By Blogger Mark Base, at 2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home