Truly Disappointing

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Packrat no more!!

So I've spent all day (Saturday, day of relaxation) working my ASS off (if only this were in the literal sense). I am repainting, building & sanding furniture for my living room; I'm turning my CO apartment into a beach cottage. My bedroom's done, & I love it! so on to the living room.....the PITA (pain in the ass) portion. I shouldn't say that - when I finish the living room, I'm going to attempt to make my own bed. fun times!! I love playing with power tools, I just tend to get grand ideas with no clue how to do them. But so far, I've done all right. Pretty damn good actually.

My daugher, parents & I are having a garage sale at the end of the month, so today I decided to clean out my storage unit & closets. At one time of the day I think I had about 30 boxes spread out in my little living room amidst my "paint is drying" furniture. Total chaos. At the end of the day, I have more furniture drying, 8 boxes ready to go North for the sale, 4 trips down 3 flights of stairs to the garbage done, and a clean storage unit, boxes neatly labelled & closets cleaned. oh yes, & laundry done. Going through boxes is always fun. You see stuff you haven't seen in YEARS - that you've moved 100 times (my exaggeration number is always 100 you'll see). Some of this you go "ooh, how FUN!" Some of it you go "why in the HELL did I save this??" and some of it you just think "next time I do this I'll decide". and you have to be in the mood to do it right. Today I was in the mood, & had no "next time" moments. I threw out cheerleading outfits, kept girl scout outfit. Don't know why, but it made sense at the time. (could eating girl scout cookies {FABULOUS INVENTION} have had anything to do with it? maybe, maybe not) Boxed up old "bathroom & bedroom schemes" that I've been saving "just in case". Sell 'em, I'll want NEW next time anyway! My daughter's going to hate me - I have not tagged ANYTHING. Boxing it up was enough for a day. Maybe I'll take a day off work & actually help set the sale up instead of just showing up to play with my grandkids (I mean keep them busy & out of stuff & everyone's hair) the day of the sale....or I could show up a day early to "keep the grandkids busy" while daughter K tags my stuff. She's SO good at it, I'd hate to mess it up for her. really I would. just thinking of her...........

Time to watch HGTV, learn some more & have a glass of wine to celebrate my non-packrat home.

7 Comments:

  • i totally get the whole packrat/spring cleaning thing. i decided a few years ago to just dump everything i never used. that included all the 'well maybe someday ill need this' kind of stuff. and when i get really ocd i go and put everything in plastic boxes and stack them neatly. yes i need meds, i know. but after all the pain in the ass of going through stuff you feel better, lighter somehow. sometimes i almost wish i could just throw everything away and have nothing. yeah that moment always passes. lol!

    as for moz, moz is short for Morrissey, the former lead singer of The Smiths. i dont even know if i can describe the music. the lyrics are generally angsty/mopey/ironic/funny. my fav albums are the smith's Singles which is a compilation of what i believe to be their best songs and from the morrissey solo collection i love Bona Drag and also Your Arsenal. they appear to have a morrissey best of collection as well with some good songs on it, but i reeeeally love the two albums i mentioned. maybe kt can better describe the music...

    and welcome to TD.

    By Blogger Susan, at 12:19 AM  

  • Hey Girlfriend! Welcome to our group thang!

    As for Moz - my old fart opinion - he's no Bob Seger. Ha! - I listened to KT's cd - it's okay.

    You look just way too adorable in the pic!

    By Blogger Cooth, at 6:27 AM  

  • maybe I'll listen online or in Borders first then...so now how the hell do I get the pic little & by my name like you guys? This is what I tried (unsuccessfully) to do. AND I'M GOOD WITH COMPUTERS. shitdamn. As for the cleaning thing - did I MENTION I hate it?? It skips generations....K & Mumsy are the cleaners for fun, I'm the OMG either plant FLOWERS in the dust on the TV or breakdown & clean. Today I'll be sanding furniture in my living room....good excuse to put off the cleaning.

    By Blogger Tug, at 11:29 AM  

  • Wilkommen.

    Photo goes in the profile -- hit "edit" your and you should see it.

    If you want, I can burn you a Moz CD. Just ask.

    Oh, and I cleaned my garage this weekend. Sounds like not a big deal, I know, but I have a garage that's about 700 sq ft -- nearly as big as my house. And I've pretty much "stored" EVERYTHING in there in the year since I moved in. What a disaster.

    By Blogger kT, at 8:53 AM  

  • I'm jealous. I want a garage. Not for MargoRita, but for a workshop. I'd LOVE a copy of the CD, thankssomuch!! I think it's a "me" thing.....the photo's in the profile, just doesn't show up on posts. freakyweird I tell you, freakyweird.

    By Anonymous tug, at 10:04 PM  

  • If I ever get around to it, workshop space will be nice. But I'm too poor to buy any good power tools right now, so that will wait.

    Gertie likes her garage, but she was battered and abused while street-side parked for her first 2 years out here. Poor girl. She looks like shit but the engine runs great.

    By Blogger kT, at 11:05 AM  

  • Looks aren't everything, reliability is! Ask Cooth about my '64 Chevy that lost more paint than dirt with every wash....& her red wagon.

    The power tool/poor thing I totally understand....I'm "saving" for a nail gun. Bought a new wood boring bit (not boring conversationally of course 'cause tools don't talk duh)the other day & actually got woman wood. Just jokin' really, but I was thrilled!

    By Blogger Tug, at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home