Truly Disappointing

Sunday, April 09, 2006

changing personality types in place of hot flashes?

I used to be very laid back...able to lay around for HOURS watching movies from start to finish, reading magazines cover to cover. I used to be able to read a book in a night! I can't anymore. I look in my magazine basket at how many I have "marked" to read this article later.....& they date back to November. And I've CLEANED IT OUT! I couldn't tell you the last book I finished. I love reading, but just cannot get the hammy in my head to STOP. I can't concentrate. I can't sit still through a movie, so I end up watching one 4 times just to get it all. And I'm still lost when people are talking about it. So I go home & watch it again. And today my dilemma is this: for the first time since I moved here 2 years ago, I've got nice fingernails! I want to give myself a french manicure. How do people with type A personalities have nice nails? I'm far too cheap to "get them done". And I can't sit in a salon..... I'll screw them up before they have a chance to dry! I've got furniture to sand & more to paint!! I'm not good at watching paint dry - on my nails OR furniture. Must be doing something all the time.... So what changed me from a relaxed calm person to this Type A insane chick? Could this be my hot flashes? My aunt had hot flashes....my mom got allergies. The kind where you carry around a kit to give yourself a shot or you could die. She turned blue once, so it wasn't just anxiety attacks, it was real. I guess I'd rather by type A than sweating all day or turning blue. Blue only looks good on smurfs.

8 Comments:

  • lol, now you totally understand how i feel just about everyday! ive been type A for ever since i can remember. i was probably type A in the womb. i have no idea how to relax. how i havent gotten an ulcer yet i have no idea. my brain speeds around all day and rarely stops. sometimes i wish i knew how to shut everything off but i just cant. and being a little OCD doesnt help either.

    but i had never heard of this kinda thing coming on around the time of "the change" so i dont know what to tell ya. perhaps its just a funky hormonal thing? i bet thats it. but it sounds like youre getting a lot done with all the building, sanding, and painting going on so kudos to you! being type A can be good sometimes.

    as for the nails, ive rarely had long nails. i bite mine to obscene shortness (ask kt). i think its part of the type A thing and stress. but everytime i managed to get them grown out to the point where i could pay some lady to do something to them i always ALWAYS end up breaking one or ripping one or chipping one. i know that if i ever got them done professionally id end up being pissed off because theyd get ruined. and since youre bob vila-ing lately id say dont bother with the fancy nails. i think the only time i may ever get mine done would be for my wedding. clearly thats no time soon. lol!

    By Blogger Susan, at 1:54 PM  

  • I seem to remember seeing a blue girl on Star Trek once, and I thought she was pretty hot; or maybe cold - she could have been flashing between the two. In any case, she looked nice, so I wouldn't knock the blue thing too much.

    By Blogger Mark Base, at 1:35 AM  

  • if she was blue she would have been an adorrian. i think you may be thinking of the green girl who was the sex slave who wanted to bang capt kirk. i forget what race she was. itll come to me. not that yall really wanted to know anyways...

    By Blogger Susan, at 4:55 AM  

  • I like Smurfs.

    Do you want to come get all Type A on my ass so I can get some stuff done? I'm selectively type A about a few things, but overall, not so much.

    The deck is open, the blender is out..... get up here and we will MAKE you relax. Can't go all type A with tropical-flavored alcohol in your sun-baked system....

    By Blogger kT, at 8:45 AM  

  • holy SHIT I like you guys! Hot sex slave being fed boat drinks on a deck with sun.......life couldn't GET any better!

    By Anonymous tug, at 8:52 AM  

  • Hmmm. Life is good in your world, Tug.

    For some reason, I get only Princess Leia with Jabba the Hut when I think sci-fi sex slave. That doesn't do it for me.

    I think I'd like to be blue. Or green. Instead? I'm glow in the dark winter white. I wonder how long a good layer of manic panic would last on the skin?

    By Blogger kT, at 3:57 PM  

  • which is why I take bits & pieces....I think sex slave, no sci-fi. it's my world (real or not), it works for me.

    By Blogger Tug, at 8:21 PM  

  • HOLY SHIT BATMAN, MY PICTURE FINALLY SHOWED UP!!

    By Blogger Tug, at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home