Truly Disappointing

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Balance

As further proof of my yin-and-yang theory:

As Susan heads off for her third date and first kiss with Parachute Boy, I have reached the end of the line with DinoBoy.

I had reservations from the start, but for me, that's normal. I've known since Saturday that this should be over -- and soon before one of us gets hurt by it. So now I have to invoke the feared "Can we talk?" which is infinitely nicer than "We need to talk" and tell him. Tell him that this just didn't click for me and I don't want to do it anymore.

This would be easier if he were an asshat. He's not. He's an extremely nice person. He pays attention to me. He's intelligent. He's a truly FANTASTIC kisser. We were good in bed. And he seems into me. All of which conspires to make it harder to say "no, I'm sorry, it's over." It's not him. It's not me. It's just that there isn't to be an "us."

In the early part of the Inferno, we read of Paulo and Francesca, doomed to float for eternity just out of reach of one another as punishment for their indecision, their refusal to take responsibility for their emotions and actions. Right now, I am in that circle of hell. I can end it, but floating has just seemed so much easier. Well, I'm tired of hell, so resolved be it that I find my Virgil and get on out.

1 Comments:

  • Just curious, what did (or did not) happen Saturday to make you reach this decision?

    By Blogger Christopher, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home