Truly Disappointing

Monday, April 24, 2006

acceptance

Go check out this week's selections at Post Secret. See the one with the Peeps? Me.

I am in a stage of accepting that the fun-filled glamourous lifestyle I saw myself having in my 20s was yet another myth. I am not a chic social butterfly. Some weeks I am misanthropic and therefore anti-social.

I spent Saturday on The Deck with a book. I put together some kitchen shelves (pictures if I ever can borrow the work digital again). I watched a little (bad) TV (does one need to qualify Saturday tv as bad or is that redundant?).

I watched Inherit the Wind. I was pleasantly surprised that Dick York plays the teacher. Dick York now joins my list of odd men (actors) that I find myself inexplicably drawn to -- Hank Azaria, Jeff Goldblum, Ryan Stiles, Christopher Walken. They are bizarre and therefore intriguing.

The more I take in of the early Cold War era (mainly the 1960s, but also the later '50s), the more correlations I find between the feeling of the time then and the feeling of the time now. It's a train wreck -- fascinating because of, rather than in spite of, the horror of it. I think the common emotional thread is fear.

Funny, but I feel fine.

4 Comments:

  • Don't forget that you also bought me a bottle of wine and showed me a lesbian movie. Maybe should have saved the movie for the day I drink the wine.....

    By Blogger Cooth, at 4:21 PM  

  • I skipped Sunday entirely in this retelling. I have something to say about the crazy Danes, but I don't know what yet.

    By Blogger kT, at 4:31 PM  

  • yes, but the best part of your weekend had to be the time you spent with me, you anti-social misanthrope.

    By Blogger Cooth, at 4:44 PM  

  • No, because there was very little of The Deck. So I'm seeing a tie between deck time and movie time.

    And then there was the stealth stalking of The Neighbor, which is another post. Maybe he's like Wilson from Home Improvement?

    By Blogger kT, at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home