Truly Disappointing

Saturday, March 18, 2006

sex and celebration

I'm still trying to understand not wanting to talk about sex. The conversation keeps coming up in random places -- I have to admit, I love the subject. Love the act, too, but ..... well, you know what I'm getting at.

Cathy and I are going to celebrate spring on Monday. The equinox is allegedly supposed to happen at 12:26 pm or something. So there will be a picnic. Granted, since it's been snowing for two days now, the picnic will likely be at my kitchen table, not on the deck, and spring is likely to be not in evidence AT ALL, but still, maybe we can entice it to come by eating in its honor?

I went out with DB last night. Things are good. It's all new and fresh and exciting -- I don't know his life history and he doesn't know mine, which gives us lots of fodder for conversations. It's requiring a whole lot of energy not to overthink things right now, though. Grrr. I need to shut my brain off permanently -- it isn't as though I need it at work much, so..... But I wonder where things are going and where I want them to go. Most of me wants things to stay just as they are right now -- but that's impossible. I can't plan it, so I'm trying to let it go. It's working more often than not.

Last comment for the day? I'm completely and totally broke. I so cannot afford to ever get sick. I owe over $500 to the medical institutions in town. Part of that is my fault for thinking I understood something insurance-wise, but mostly? I just cannot afford to get sick ever again. I know I'm supposed to call my doc in another week or two about the last recommended test -- and to get off the drugs I'm on right now, but I can't afford the test. I have to call the hospital and see what kind of payment plan they'll let me work out. I'd rather not have to wipe out savings to pay this off.

Being an adult SUCKS. The freedom? Not always worth the responsibility.

On the flip side, not having to sneak around your parents to have sex? Maybe it is worth it.

1 Comments:

  • Just to clarify, Kt and I will be celebrating the arrival of spring today. But we will not be having sex to do so. Well, not with each other anyway. We don't smurf each other that way.

    By Blogger Cooth, at 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home