Truly Disappointing

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

the numbers game

As I type, Lisa Loeb, off the Lilith Fair album, comes on with "I Do." Great song. I do love it. And yes, I know that there was more than one LF album. I only have one, however, and I'd bet none of the rest of you have one so I'm safe here. Good concert, btw.

The numbers game.

Three years ago I started work at my current job. I'm vested now.
One year ago I first looked at my house.

Ten years ago, I was finishing up my first year of college and contemplating living with Susan next year. I hadn't met anyone else on the blog.

Two years ago, Cathy and I had started drinking together.

Eight years ago, Mark and I may have been getting to know one another again. But probably not yet -- we'd met, parted, and I don't think we were at moving on yet.

Five years ago, I was in the midst of grad school and single but looking.

Twenty years ago, I was a miserable middle school student who hated, hated, hate Georgia and third grade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home