Truly Disappointing

Monday, March 13, 2006

consideration yields partial disclosure

I'm not sure that I want to post the details of my sex life online. I have one -- a sex life -- and I enjoy it. I'm good at it, or at least have received no complaints. I've posted plenty of my theories on sex, which all basically boil down to "It is good. Do it when you feel like doing it."

Things are in the new -- "discoveries and anticipation" -- stage. It's my favourite part.

What I've discovered is that most guys see open discussion (the kind I do in private, out loud, with a lover, not online for the world) of what you like, want, need, etc. as unusual. Do women out there (and men) really not like to talk about sex with the people they are sleeping with? Isn't the discussion part of the fun? You build up to full disclosure, for sure, but do some people just not get there ever? Why would you not want to tell your partner what you want, or what feels good, or what you like or want to try?

Why is it shocking to find a person who speaks her mind?

6 Comments:

  • favourite? when did you turn canadian?

    By Blogger Cooth, at 3:30 PM  

  • I've ranted about this one more than I care to remember. In my experience, most women don't like to talk about sex at all. "Takes the magic out of it", they say. I think some people are just shy about it, others view it as dirty, some don't want it to become technical.

    By Blogger Pinky, at 3:46 PM  

  • Hey, there's NO magic at all in being frustrated or disappointed. And if you don't speak up, whose fault is it that you're frustrated and/or disappointed?

    This is what I've learned: MEN DON'T READ MINDS. Neither do women.

    By Blogger kT, at 4:18 PM  

  • I spell funny sometimes. It's still correct. But I do a better British accent than Canadian.

    By Blogger kT, at 4:19 PM  

  • I do read minds. Ask my current girlfriend. Annoys the hell out of her :)

    By Blogger Pinky, at 4:23 PM  

  • I have a feeling that she and I could have a very interesting conversation..... or two..... or more.

    Oh, for the record? Sex isn't magic.

    And you, my friend, are a rare jewel in the sea of rocks that are men.

    By Blogger kT, at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home