Truly Disappointing

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My Life Is An Open Book

Happy post V-Day, everyone. V-Day is one of my favorite holidays, whether I'm single or with someone. Just my two cents. Ah, L'Amour.

As far as being open with someone, I completely feel that the more open you are with someone, the closer you are to them emotionally. I'm not sure I see a way in which you can be emotionally close to someone when you don't really know what they are thinking, or if they are hiding significant aspects of their being from you. This is not to say that it can't be done, however. I believe that in life, you will be really close to a few people in an overall sense. You will bond with many other folks over a few certain things. Some people you will bond with over a singular thing. I believe each of these types of bonds is capable of being of similar strength, but the overall bonds I would imagine will be the very strongest. In other words, the emotional bonds that are quickly built between people who survive a plane crash can be (or appear to be) just as strong as those between lifelong friends, but in reality don't have the same durability. Personally, I've always been a fan of "they don't know unless you tell them". So I tend to spread the word and make sure people know how I feel about them, for whatever it's worth.

As far as hearing from exes, all three of mine are married, last I heard. Haven't seen or heard from the latest one in years. That's perfectly fine by me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home