Truly Disappointing

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM (aka All I Need To Know About Grey's Anatomy)

What is it with this show? Is it the second coming of Ally McBeal? All the women love it, all the men are forced to watch it. My thing is that (from what little of it that I've seen) women would HATE to be in some of these situations in real life. Why does the one doctor seem to get a pass even though he didn't tell the one girl he was married and then decided to go back to his wife? How does that same girl (the main character, I was told here recently) go on with her life in the scenes from the next episode after what she just went through? How do you go from I nearly died, then watched someone die right in front of me, to let's everyone have sex and be happy? To be fair, the writing and character development seem to be excellent, so I can see why a lot of people have been talking about it. Personally, I'm going to start referring to it as the female version of pro wrestling. Give me 24 and The Shield. I need my violence. But I am interested to know what exactly it is about this show that women love so much... is it the dreamy characters? is it the drama? Tell me something...

As for the O'Malley dude, I know the type very well... quiet, reserved, wouldn't dream of hurting anyone or being aggressive... until the situation calls for it and he's someone's only hope. That's exactly the way I am. He's the guy that always gets screwed over by the cute girls who want to date the bad boys. Years later, the cute girls come back to him AFTER getting screwed over, when they come to their senses and want someone they can trust. And yes, this does apply to men as well. We like bad girls until we want to settle down. Then we just don't want bad girls as much :)

I think you do have to lose at least part of yourself in someone else to be in a relationship. You should definitely be cognizant of not losing all of yourself, but don't get too wrapped up in not letting it happen. I guess what I'm missing here is that are you saying at the root of it all, you can't really define yourself? I would think that your core being doesn't really change much, no matter what happens to you. I read my old diaries and that angry sex-obsessed high schooler and I still have a lot of things in common, even though we sound and act like two different people. Are you changing because you want to change, or are you changing because you feel like the world is changing you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home