Truly Disappointing

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Anger Management

Man, I'm never going to live that one down, am I? Who knew there was a perfectly solid concrete wall behind the corkboard where we used to hang our flyers in the dorm? For those who don't know the story, I once recieved an email from Kate that led to me picking a fight with a wall by sucker punching it. The wall won. It was funny in the fact that I actually consider myself to be somewhat level-headed and difficult to enrage; I doubt most people that know me would disagree with that statement.

This provides me a nice segue into a topic I have spent a lot of time thinking about. I used to be a bit of a hot head (well before my college years), and I've known many folks who have used anger to their advantage, my older brother and one of my best buddies from college being a prime examples. At some point in my life, I realized that fits of anger are probably the ugliest thing a person can exhibit. While it is true that you may gain a temporary advantage over your enemies (sadly, more often than not it's over your friends/loved ones instead), you will inevitably lose more ground than you gain in most cases after the fact. When it comes right down to it, what in life is actually worth getting angry about? The guy that cut you off on the road? The fact that you never got that side order you asked for at the restaurant? The girl that decided to date someone else instead of you? It never ceases to amaze me what people will get upset over that really doesn't matter in the Grand Scheme of Things(tm). Life is too short. Don't sweat the small stuff.

This is not to say that anger doesn't have it's place, and isn't useful under certain circumstances. Some situations obviously call for it, and when they do, by all means, unleash your inner Hulk and SMASH.

In other news, man that story takes me back. I was glad to see that the last time I was in ATL, Huey's was still there :) One of the many things I remember about that night was sitting with a circle of all you girls and listening to you complain about how there weren't enough boys around. For a guy who was attending a school that had a 3:1 guy:girl ratio, I couldn't help but think I wish I had discovered Agnes Scott a bit earlier in my college carrer :) Good times, good times. Not that you care, but for the record, Bill is married to a lovely Japanese girl and has two boys now. Who knew?

So the last time you saw me in person was 2000... wow. Well, I'm much sexier now ;)

1 Comments:

  • I don't have an inner hulk.

    You've always been hot, IMNSHO.

    By Blogger kT, at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home