Truly Disappointing

Friday, January 06, 2006

Virgin Blogger

My first blog. Thanks for the invite. I am having a bit of performance anxiety, but not the same kind as Susan. I do numbers. Words are not my strong suit. But since I have met KT, I have been venturing out of my comfort zone. So far, so good.

So, what prompted the invitation for me to join? Well, maybe it was an e-mail that I had KT forward to Susan so she could better understand her man. Does this mean that people actually want my advice on dating? Doubt it. I suck at that. But there is one thing I do know a bit about. Living in North Dakota. So, my first blog entry will be about that. With a little help from Jeff Foxworthy.

If you're proud that your state makes the national news primarilybecause it houses the coldest spot in the nation,You might live in North Dakota.

In the past year or so, we have made the national news for being the home of Dru Sjodin and that Duncan guy who killed that family in Idaho and kidnapped the kids. I'd rather make the news because it's cold. We have good people here. Our crime rate is low and for the most part, it's a safe place to live. Even though it can get really cold.

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March,You might live in North Dakota.

Our Dairy Queens are closed. We have to drive to Mandan if we want a peanut buster parfait. It is about 7 minutes away.

If you measure distance in hours, You might live in North Dakota.

See above.

If you know several people who have hit deer more than once, You might live in North Dakota.

Wanna meet my mother? No? Okay, I'll save her for another day.

If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, You might live in North Dakota.

I helped someone reach something off a high shelf at the grocery store on Tuesday night. Like I said, we have good people here. I like to think that I am one of them.

And in honor of Susan's new favorite word: If you have ever refused to buy something because it's "too spendy",You might live in North Dakota.

I never realized this was a North Dakota word. But KT informs me that it is. Oh well. I didn't buy some really pretty yarn last night, because it WAS too spendy.

Well, that's enough for today. I may revisit this topic another day....

2 Comments:

  • Darn. Can't do pictures in a blog comment. Okay. I have a comment, but I'll have to make an entry of it.

    By Blogger kT, at 2:49 PM  

  • "too spendy" is also associated with Minnesota, donchaknow? The live-in has taught me much about Northern (Exposure) Culture.

    As a n00b (novice) to blogging, let me offer the following advice: don't sweat much of what you may see in response to what you write (actually, in this space you should be safe from random drivel), and write how you feel. Happy Blogging!

    By Anonymous An old friend of kt's, at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home