Truly Disappointing

Sunday, January 29, 2006

sunday afternoon

Personally, I do find it difficult. The position and the crosswords. I can't concentrate enough on either to do them well. So I'll pass. There are plenty of other ways to spend the time, right?

I invited DB over for dinner tonight. Is cooking dinner for someone a bigger deal or a less big deal than going out? I can't decide on that one. I mean, there is the personal time invested in cooking. But I like to cook and I'm decent at it, so why not? In honor of the Year of the Dog, I'm making a pseudo-Thai chicken stir-fry. It's a Chinese recipe altered to have a Thai kick to it. So, not so much with the Chinese, but whatever.

I'm both excited and nervous. I've cleaned up. I've done laundry (for me, not to show off or anything). I actually did all the dishes. I'm trying to find the right balance between putting in some extra effort and overdoing it, so I have jeans on, but not the weekend jeans, and I have on a shirt I'd never be wearing to just stay home, not that it's fancy, but it fits and normally I'm wearing the huge baggy stuff I still have from college. Some makeup. I have brushed my hair today.

Must stop thinking about it. I have another 2 hours + before he's to show up. And really? I have little to nothing to do -- two loads of laundry to fold and the duvet cover to put back on the bed. Some veggies to chop for the stir-fry. About 30 minutes of work, and over two hours to while away.

I am not a patient person, nor am I all that good at waiting.

I like this guy and therefore he makes me nervous.

To my fellow TDers:
Happy cake anniversary, C. We're all glad that there is something wrong with you.
Daniel, you should post more often. You are funny.
S, we are so waiting for the update. So waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home