Truly Disappointing

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm boring

Daniel says: "Welcome Cathy. If North Dakota is the biggest problem you've got - you're gonna turn out boring! LOL, just kidding. "

Okay - Daniel's remark about me turning out boring has struck a chord with me. I AM boring. I am 45 years old. That seems very middle-aged to me and this last birthday, really wasn't a happy one because of that. I feel and act like I'm 13 tho. I have a mediocre job that until last week, I really liked. Must have been something in the water that made the division directors here go loco. I like to read, but seldom take the time to do so. I like to knit, it keeps my hands busy and sometimes, I make something pretty. I love Donny Osmond. I collect cookie jars - but am out of space for any new ones - unless you have a McCoy Smiley Face you want to give me. I collect smiley face stuff - my cubicle houses that collection. I collect creamers. This is my latest addition - I think it is my new fave:


I have an Associates degree in Business Administration. I'd like to go back to school, but right now, no time, no money and really - no energy for it. When I was younger, I used to think I could make a difference in the world, but I've gotten over that. I am a responsible citizen, I pay my taxes, I vote, I shower on a regular basis. I've birthed and raised a son who I love with all my heart - even though he has broken it more times than you can imagine. I made alot of mistakes, what parent doesn't? But now he is legally an adult. Emotionally - not so much. But he knows everything and I am dumber than a stump.

But! I am content with my life. And right now, at this very moment, contentment is just what I need to keep me from going off the deep end. I have big plans for 2006. 2005 mostly sucked. It flew by, but still, can't think of much about it that was great. I used to be a whole lot o'fun and plan on being fun again. 2006 is the year of ME! oh- and my friend BC. We have a plan.

And as far as North Dakota being a problem. I don't think it is. I think North Dakota is one of the plusses in my life. I've lived other places. I came back here. I really don't think I would fit in anywhere else. I'm a small town girl. I've lived in North Dakota most of my life. I will probably die here.

So, Daniel - I know you were kidding with the remark - but it did get me thinking. Something I really should do more of.

Susan, hope your soldier boy has contacted you. I understand everything you said in your "that girl" entry. I, too, don't want to be that girl - but I think just by being a girl, we all are to some extent.

Polygamy - I couldn't do it. I don't like to share.

Kt is gone today. So I may actually have to get some work done. My e-mail is quiet. bummer. And might I add - Kt - You suck!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home