Truly Disappointing

Friday, January 20, 2006

Friday Rambling

It's FRIDAY! I don't wanna work. So, I'll see if I can come up with something to write about......

Cowboy Love: Kt and I went to Brokeback Mountain on Monday. Figure a gay cowboy movie is a good way to celebrate MLKjr Day. And I got to have popcorn. Good movie. Interesting story about a tortured soul. Well-made, beautiful scenery. Man-on-man action. ewww. I know it happens, but does nothing for me. Unless you count nausea. But if you want to just film Jake Gyllenhall for 2 hours, go ahead. I'll pay to watch that.

2006, the year of me: On May 1, 2004, I joined weight watchers for the bazillionth time. By Feb of 2005, I managed to lose 50 pounds. By Jan of 2006, 20 of those pounds found their way back to my ass. *sigh* Oh well, back to weight watchers I went......so far 8.6 of them have vacated the premises. go me. Now, just need to get said ass back to the gym.....

Cinema 100: Yippee! It starts next Thursday! Movies that we don't normally get to see here in Bismarck, ND. And it's cheap - $20.00 for all 11 movies. And it's a damn good excuse to eat popcorn for supper. Without butter, of course (see above).

Something new: I have ventured into a couple of new knitting projects. So far, just been very comfy making scarves and dishclothes. This week, I started a baby book bag and a pair of socks. The socks have no heel, so they will be pretty easy, me thinks. So far, they are snazzy.

Savage Chickens: If you haven't checked it out -- YOU MUST. www.savagechickens.com Wise words. Today's entry about why we exist is right on the money.

Weekend Plans: Nada. Working at other job. Going to a fund-raising pancake and sausage thing. Love pancakes, love the people it is for. Knitting. And the Sunday crossword puzzle - love that. So, not quite nada. But not quite exciting either.

Passive-Aggressive Chocolate Cake: Still there. I did move it closer to his shoes this morning, maybe now he can see it. But I doubt it.

Army Boy: go susan! Go Susan! woo hooo! BTW - love the HBCC. Mine has gotten shorter over the years. Here it is: 1. Breathing.

Rambling over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home