Truly Disappointing

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Day 21

The Saga of the Passive-Aggressive Chocolate Cake.

My 18 yr old son is pissed at me. He says he is moving out. He "thinks" I am kicking him out. He is thinking incorrectly. When he is mad at me, he doesn't speak to me.

We had a nice Christmas Eve together. We both work 2 jobs, so time together is limited. We both had Christmas Eve off. We had a lovely dinner of Swedish Meatballs, mashed potatoes, brocolli with cheese sauce and a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Then we opened presents and watched "Elf". A ginormously funny movie. IMHO.

We snacked on the cake all week and by Thursday, December 29th there was one big piece left. The Boy decided to finish it off while I was at work. But - he didn't. For whatever reason (I could never do this) he left part of the cake on the plate.....in the middle of the living room floor. Today, 21 days later, it is still sitting there. I'm not picking it up. It will sit there until he removes it or until he moves out. Which, according to him, is in 2 weeks.

I know that this is silly and that I should just tell him to get off his lazy ass and clean it up. But somehow....seeing that stupid piece of cake sitting there is making it a whole lot easier to accept the fact that he is moving out. Being a single parent has not been an easy job. I know I wasn't a perfect parent. But I did my best. He's always had a roof over his head, food in his tummy and someone who would do anything she could to make his life a little better. Well, except pick up the Passive-Aggressive Chocolate Cake.

2 Comments:

  • cathy, i will reply to your post when i have more time to do it appropriately, but shit girl youre a great writer and i like your style. im glad youre a part of the blog.

    and how anybody would just leave choco cake around i dont know! what a silly boy!

    By Blogger Susan, at 2:27 PM  

  • There is no perfect parent.

    18 yo boys do not "think."

    Cake is good food.

    By Blogger kT, at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home